Какашка

6 Productivity Hacks that Make You a Better Student



Productivity is not something I struggle with. When I was a student, I used to work, study, socialize, read, and exercise on a regular basis. My friends were always wondering how I did it. Let me tell you something: the lack of productivity has nothing to do with laziness. Sometimes you don’t feel like doing the tasks on your list, but that doesn’t mean you’ve become a lazy, useless person. It just means you’re not motivated enough or you simply need a rest to recharge your body’s batteries.
Believe it or not, getting productive is easier than it seems. You just need to trick yourself into the ‘high achiever’ mode. And I know exactly how you can do that. These are the 6 productivity hacks that never fail to work for me:
1.      The Pomodoro Timer
If you’ve never heard about the pomodoro method before, you probably think I’m talking about tomatoes. Nope! This technique, which was developed by Francesco Cirillo in the 80s, is based on the principle that the human brain needs short breaks in between longer sessions of work. Cirillo used a kitchen timer (in the form of a tomato) to time the sessions: 25 minutes of work and 5 minutes of rest.
Before you start the work, you plan how many pomodoro sessions you’ll need to complete it, and you’ll develop a plan accordingly. If you don’t feel like using a kitchen timer, you can simply use Strict Workflow – a Chrome extension based on the pomodoro principle.
2.      Strike a Pose!
I never work on the computer or study while in bed. I know that you want to get in a comfortable position, but the ultimate physical comfort is not necessarily a good thing when you’re trying to study or work. People invented the desk and chair for a reason, you know. Sit with your back as straight as possible, and you’ll be surprised with the way your posture makes you more focused.
3.      Exercise!
When your body is energized, your mind gets brighter. When I was a student, my roommate was astonished by the fact that I woke up 1 hour earlier than necessary not for the purpose to get my makeup done, but to do yoga. Trust me: moving your body matters.
If you really can’t make yourself get up, the least you could do is commit to a daily 7-minute workout. You’ve got 7 minutes per day for exercise, don’t you? Have a healthy smoothie after the session and you’ll be ready to fight any distraction that comes along. 
4.      Do Not Multitask
Multitasking is impressive, but it’s also a myth. When you’re trying to listen to a lecture and do your homework for another class at the same time, you’re not going to remember anything from the lecture and you’ll be too distracted to do the homework. Take one task at a time and get focused on it.
5.      Get a Good Sleep
All-nighters are necessary during exam sessions, but don’t turn them into a habit. Getting enough sleep is a mandatory requirement for proper productivity. Sleep deprivation makes you stressed and unfocused. At least 8 hours of sleep at night will prepare you to face the tasks of the following day.
6.      Follow Your Progress
I like to keep to-do lists; they prepare me for the responsibilities of the day, and they give me a timeframe to stick to. However, I also keep a ‘done’ list, which makes me aware of the progress I made. Hey, if I edited three chapters today, I can do the single one that remains, right?
You don’t have to make a special ‘done’ list; just mark the covered tasks in your usual app and you’ll already feel like the productive person you are.   

We can’t accomplish great things without hard work and great commitment. We are all victims of procrastination, but we are also fighters. With the 6 hacks above, our productivity levels can go sky high.